Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My day

Yesterday it was really cold, wet, and slippery and today it was mostly the same. This morning when I was coming in with a chicken egg I was walking on some ice and I almost slid and fell. But I caught my balance and I was safe.

After I got inside it was time to school work. I wrote a story about snow. Then, I did some math work. It was triple-digit addition and subtraction. I missed a few but then I noticed what I did and I fixed them. I read some history and science.

One neat thing that I read in my science was about freezing water. When you put water in a glass jar outside on a cold day, the water can freeze and break the jar. Also, I learned that you can make aspirin from coal.

Today I saw some birds from my bedroom window out on the road. There were two birds. One was brown and white and one was red. That was a female cardinal because the males are brighter red and this one was darker.

I like to play Monopoly because it is a fun game. I play with my mother and father. I have won four times, my father has won three and my mother has never won. I like the pot of gold piece.














2 comments:

  1. Good work on beating your father in Monopoly! Keep the winning streak going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monopoly is fun, especially when you beat your father.

    ReplyDelete